Cox & Kings has partnered with G Adventures to introduce adventure travel products wherein Cox & Kings is offering products of G Adventures as a tour package to people who are interested in adventure tourism involving both challenge and pleasure.
These Terms and Conditions apply to any travel Tours and/or services you have booked with or purchased for G Adventures and govern the contractual relationship between you and Cox & Kings with respect to any such travel Tours and/or services (hereinafter, the "Tour/s"). Please read these Terms carefully, as by booking any Tour of G Adventures, or by travelling on a G Adventures tour or Tour, you acknowledge that you:
- have read and understand these Terms, and
- indicate your express acceptance of and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you have confirmed a booking on any Tours with more than one person named and booked on such booking, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions (the 'Terms') assuming full responsibility on behalf of all persons named in the booking (including minors and those under a disability) and travelling on or otherwise participating in any Tours and by such travel or participation all persons named in the Booking Form indicate their assent to these Terms. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and your companions and Cox & Kings with respect to the subject matter thereof and supersedes all prior agreements, representations and understandings of the parties, written or oral.
ELIGIBILITYYou must fulfil the conditions set out by the Reserve Bank of India and all applicable laws in India and have a passport valid for at least six months from the scheduled date of return from the tour and have been granted the necessary visas to travel throughout the tour.
THE BOOKING CONTRACTYou are required to be no less than 18 years of age to book a tour. Further note, you agree to provide full, complete, valid and accurate information as requested by Cox & Kings to confirm such booking. While confirming a booking on any Tours, with more than one person named and booked on such booking, you represent and warrant to Cox & Kings that:
- you have the requisite consents and authority to make such booking on behalf of all other persons named on the booking form, and have communicated all necessary information to the persons in order for them to give free and fully informed authorization to you to do so;
- the information that you are providing regarding all persons is complete and accurate and you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions to share such information with Cox & Kings for the purposes of completing the booking; and
- you will inform all the persons on the relevant booking of the applicability of these Terms and Conditions to the booking and their relationship with Cox & Kings.
FAMILY TOUR REQUIREMENTS
A "Family Unit" shall consist of a group of two or more persons, travelling and booking together, where at least one such person is a child in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. The ratio of adult to minor (12 to 18 years old) travelling together must be one adult to every two minors. All minor bookings are subject to review and approval by Cox & Kings. If the adult accompanying a minor is not the minors custodial parent or legal guardian, then a Parental Consent Guardianship Form must be signed (along with other documents provided as requested by Cox & Kings) by the minors parent or legal guardian.
Further note, if the consent of a parent or any other person is required by applicable law, judgment, or decree for such child to travel, the accompanying adult is liable / responsible for securing all such proper consent and ensuring that they and the minor meet all legal requirements to travel on the applicable Family Trip and to enter into and depart from applicable countries and regions.
Cox & Kings will not be liable / responsible for any fees, costs, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure on your part to secure such necessary consents, permits and approvals.
Cox & Kings reserves the right to cancel your booking and of any person travelling or purporting to travel on a Family Tour who, in its sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise do not meet Cox & Kingss requirements of participation in a Family Tour. Each adult on a booking with any minor is joint and severally liable / responsible for the behaviour and wellbeing of all minor(s) on such booking, and expressly accepts these Terms assuming full liability / responsibility on their behalf, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability contained herein.
100% GUARANTEED DEPARTURE
G Adventures tours are 100% guaranteed departures. Your trip won't be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues or reason attributable to your booking such as visa rejection, ill health etc.) However please note that dates and prices are subject to change. For booking, availability and detailed itineraries, consult your travel agent or check online.
LIFETIME TRAVEL POLICY
Our Lifetime Travel Policy is designed to protect you from unexpected or unpredictable events that may cause you to cancel or delay your trip. Whether you opt to use it again for the same trip, transfer it to another one, or save it up for a not-so-rainy day, we have got you covered, no matter the circumstances. You can even pass it on to a friend. In case you do not wish to travel we shall refund the amount paid by you after deducting the airfare, visa, insurance or any other non-recoverable charges.
BOOKING AND ADVANCESAt the time of booking, a non-refundable advance per person per tour is due to Cox & Kings.
PAYMENT AND SCHEDULEPlease find a chart of the payment schedule. Your payment must be accompanied by the following documents.
- Signed Booking Form
- Signed Terms and Conditions
- Medical Form
- Insurance Cover
- Original passport
- Parental Consent Guardianship Form in case where the adult accompanying a minor is not the minors custodial parent or legal guardian,
- Any liability waiver form as per chosen tour e.g. camping waiver, kayaking waiver, etc.
|PAYMENT TERMS||AIRFARE,VISA FEES AND INSURANCE CHARGES||Amount per person|
|Immediately upon booking or within 10 days from the booking date along with documentation or 60 / 45 days prior to departure date based on the destination, whichever comes first||
Full amount of :
||Non refundable advance of USD $250|
|60 days or less prior to departure date for USA, Canada, South America Expedition trips and FIT OR custom tailored Tours.||
Full amount of :
|45 days or less prior to departure date for all other destinations not mentioned above||
Full amount of :
- The prices quoted are subject to availability at the time of booking and also subject to change.
- Rate of exchange will be as per the day of payment.
- Any additional taxes shall be applicable in addition to the aforesaid payments.
- The non-refundable advance would be adjusted towards the cost of the tour once the final payment is made.
- If you cancel the booking after the payment of interest free, non-refundable advance for any reason whatsoever or failure to pay the entire tour cost, the said advance shall stand forfeited.
- At the time of booking, you need to pay the full amount for your air ticket (inclusive of taxes), visa and insurance. On receipt of the payments into our account, we will start the process of ticket issuance, visa facilitation and insurance and simultaneously book your land arrangements. Please note that air ticket prices are dynamic and are subject to change unless ticketed. Air tickets once issued are governed by amendment and cancellation policy of the respective airlines which may go upto 100% of the total fare payable.
- In case your visa is rejected or you decide not to proceed with your booking, the visa fees and any supplementary charges like courier fees, VFS charges, SMS charges, urgent fees charged by the consulate along with our administrative charges is 100% non-refundable.
- Tours involving Cruises, Coach Tours, Train Tours, Holiday Homes and / or any other third party product will also involve the payment of the advance required by the third party supplier. This additional advance will be confirmed and collected at the time of booking.
- Packages booked during trade fairs, events or festivals may call for extra charges and immediate cancellation charges which will be informed before proceeding with the booking.
FINAL PAYMENT SCHEDULE/ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING/CLIENT DETAILS
Tours and Tailor Made Tours:
Final Payment:You should refer to the confirmation invoice sent by Cox & Kings and/or applicable confirmation email for details regarding final payment for any Tours booked. For any tours to:
- USA, Canada and South America, Expedition trips and FIT OR custom tailored Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior to departure,
- all other destinations, full payment is due 45 days prior to departure.
- Your Details: As a condition to valid confirmation of any booking with Cox & Kings Tour you must provide all necessary information as requested by Cox & Kings at the time of booking. If you fail to provide such information prior to 60/45 days before the departure of the selected Tour, Cox & Kings reserves the right to treat such booking as cancelled and levy any cancellation fees deemed reasonable by Cox & Kings, in its sole discretion.
- Credit Card Charges: Cox & Kings is not liable / responsible for any charges levied or charged by third parties and/or financial institutions and payable by you as a result of credit card or other payment transactions in connection with the purchase of your tour /s and will not refund or return any fees and / or penalties charged by such third parties in connection with payments made by you to Cox & Kings.
- PAN Card: You will be required to furnish a copy of PAN card, if payment of INR 25000/- or more is made in cash.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY YOUIf circumstances make you cancel your tour, the cancellation must be intimated to us in writing duly signed by each of the clients seeking cancellation at the Registered office address at Cox & Kings Limited, Turner Morrison Bldg, 16 Bank Street, Fort, Mumbai 400001 and /or via fax no +91 22 22709161 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
FOR USA, CANADA AND SOUTH AMERICA, EXPEDITION TRIPS AND FIT OR CUSTOM TAILORED TOURS
|WHEN A CANCELLATION IS MADE||AIRTICKET, INSURANCE AND VISA||CANCELLATION CHARGES PER PERSON|
|Clear 60 working days or more prior to the date of departure of the Tour or for non-payment of the balance Tour cost||
|Clear 59 to 45 working days prior to the date of departure of the Tour||
|Clear 44 to 16 working days prior to the date of departure of the Tour||
||75% of the Tour Cost|
|Clear 15 to 0 working days prior to the date of departure of the Tour||
||100% of the Tour Cost|
FOR REST OF THE WORLD
|WHEN A CANCELLATION IS MADE||AIRTICKET, INSURANCE AND VISA||CANCELLATION CHARGES PER PERSON|
|Clear 45 working days or more prior to the date of departure of the Tour or for non-payment of the balance Tour cost||
|Clear 44 to 31 working days prior to the date of departure of the Tour||
|Clear 30 to 16 working days prior to the date of departure of the Tour||
||75% of the Tour Cost|
|Clear 15 to 0 working days prior to the date of departure of the Tour||
||100% of the Tour Cost|
- In case of third party products such as bus, train tickets, certain premium hotels, services during trade fair period, festive period, the rules relating to cancellation and the cancellation schedule prescribed by the concerned third party service provider would be applicable. In addition to the above penalties, we have the right to claim service and communication charge of Rs. 5,000/- per person additionally.
- Service Tax is applicable on all cancellation charges. Post deduction of cancellation charges along with service tax, your balance amount will be refunded in Indian Rupees.
- Booking form signed by one or more person and /or communication signed by such signatories would be treated as valid communication for cancellation for all such person / s mentioned in the form assuming full responsibility. The computation of the period of notice of cancellation shall commence only from the time an email is received by the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org on working days within office time.
- It is clear understanding between the parties that for the purpose of this clause cancellation can be due to any reason whatsoever including the reason of inability to participate due to any reason including medical, death, court orders, non-availability of documents etc.
- The company reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure without assigning any reason and all monies paid by you will be refunded forthwith in Indian Rupees only after deducting the expenses incurred by us on your booking like visas, insurance premium, ticket cancellation charges, administrative charges and other overhead expenses etc as applicable from time to time and case to case, but no compensation and / or interest are payable.
In the following cases you shall be deemed to have cancelled the tour even if no cancellation notice is issued by you:
- In case of visa rejection, you would be deemed to have cancelled on the date of intimation of such rejection.
- If you fail to pay the tour cost in time or if you commit any other default in relation to your booking, we may treat such failure or default as a cancellation of the booking by you. In such case, the cancellation charges shall be computed with reference to the date on which we issue you a notice of cancellation;
- If on your failure of payment or other default, no notice of cancellation is issued by us but your payment or default remains outstanding on the date of departure, the booking shall be deemed to have been cancelled by you without any advance notice, inviting the highest cancellation charge.
ALTERATIONS AND/OR CANCELLATIONS BY YOUNo name changes may be made once the booking is in place. However, Cox & Kings will attempt to accommodate other change requests such as bed type, other dependent changes such as airline fees, visa, insurance and hotel, which shall be subject to availability. Further, please note that you shall be liable/ responsible to pay the additional fees / costs for such dependent services for any change request. Day of cancellation and/or alterations will be calculated as the day Cox & Kings receives the cancellation notice in writing from you. Any changes to tour booking after confirmation may be subject to cancellation charges as per the cancellation policy in addition to any expenses incurred towards visa, airfare, travel insurance, any other non recoverable charges and administrative charges as well as any supplementary charges like courier fees, urgent fees charged by the consulate. Cox & Kings will advise of such charges at the time the change is requested. In the event of a Tour being cancelled before receipt of full payment, part or full advance amount shall be refunded as per the cancellation policy.
Special Requests: Cox & Kings cannot guarantee specific requests such as room location, adjoining rooms, bed preference, in-flight meal requirements, wheel chairs, sky cots or any other request. While Cox & Kings will attempt to advise service providers of such requests, it cannot be held liable / responsible if such requests cannot be fulfilled or if local surcharges are applied,. You shall be solely liable and responsible to pay the same directly to the supplier.
CANCELLATION OF A G ADVENTURES TOUR BY COX & KINGSCox & Kings will not normally cancel a booking of any Tour once confirmed, in accordance with these Terms, except for reasons of 'Force Majeure', which shall be defined as unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Cox & Kings or G Adventures. When a tour is cancelled by Cox & Kings before the agreed date of departure for reasons not arising from the fault or negligence of or within your reasonable control, you shall have the choice of:
- accepting from Cox & Kings a substitute G Adventure Tour of equivalent or superior value, where such substitute is reasonably available; or
- accepting from Cox & Kings a substitute G Adventure tour of lower value if no tour of equivalent or superior value is reasonably available, and to recover from Cox & Kings the difference in price between the price of the tour originally purchased and that of the substitute tour; or
- accept from Cox & Kings a refund of all monies paid for the cancelled tour (s) after deduction of the costs that are non-recoverable like visa, insurance, airtickets, etc.
UNUSED SERVICESIt is clearly understood that there shall be no refund or compensation whatsoever for unused / unutilized services. This general rule applies to all kinds of non-utilization or under-utilization of tour services, whether of the whole or part of the tour and whether as a matter of your choice, or caused by your fault or compelled by circumstances such as ill-health, weather, external factors etc.
As a consequence of the above rule, please note that no refund will be admissible in the following circumstances (amongst others).
- If you fail to join the group at the commencement of the tour or join the group later or leave the group before culmination of the tour for any reasons whatsoever.
- If you fail to or are unable to utilize any of the services on the tour like airline travel, hotels, sightseeing, rides, cruises, meals, entrance fees, optional tours etc. due to any reason whatsoever such as late reporting, ill-health etc.
- If you terminate your participation in the tour due to your own fault, negligence or breach of these Terms,
PRICES, SURCHARGES AND TAXESCox & Kings reserves the right to impose surcharges on any Tour(s), but only for reasons arising from increases in transportation costs, fuel costs, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airport charges, local operator costs, currency and exchange fluctuations, increases in taxes, or government action which impacts the price of the applicable Tour(s).
Tours are priced and advertised exclusive of applicable taxes and such taxes will be advised to you at the time of booking and itemized on subsequent invoicing.
VALIDITYThe prices of Tour / s advertised in the brochures and on Cox & Kings website are based on costs in effect at the time of printing the brochure or - hosting on the website. Cox & Kings reserves the right to alter prices of any Tour at any time prior and /or post receipt of payment in full for such Tour. All dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and the price quoted at the lime of Booking shall be the applicable price, subject to the surcharges that may be levied. Rate of exchange will be as per the day of payment.
Changes made by G Adventures: While G Adventures will endeavour to operate all Tours as advertised, reasonable changes in the itinerary of any Tour may be made where deemed necessary or advisable for operational reasons by G Adventures, in its' sole discretion. If G Adventures makes a Material Change (defined as a change affecting at least one in three full tour days of the itinerary, or which materially affects the character of the Tour in its entirety) to any Tour, Cox & Kings will inform you of any Material Change as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time before the departure to properly notify you. lf a Material Change is made more than' 14 days prior to departure, you may elect to:
- accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended Tour;
- book another Tour of equivalent or greater value, if available. (You shall be liable / responsible for paying any difference in price between the amended Tour and the Tour booked in its place); or
- book another Tour of a lower value, if available, with a refund payable to you of the difference in price after deducting the non recoverable costs, or
- cancel and receive the applicable refund of all monies paid in respect of the land only portion of the applicable Tour (and for clarity, this shall not extend to additional Tours booked by you which are not subject to any Material Change).
If any Material change arises from reasons of Force Majeure, as hereinafter defined, you shall be entitled to recover only the costs of the Tour recoverable by Cox & Kings. Once a Tour has departed, changes to such Tour's itinerary may be necessary or advisable as a result of unforeseen circumstances or other reasons related to effective Tour operation, health, safety, your enjoyment, or your comfort. Any such changes are at the discretion of the Tour leader or other designated G Adventures representative on tour and any indirect costs incurred as a result will be your liability / responsibility. Cox & Kings will not be liable / responsible for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a Tour's itinerary.
- Transfer made by you : A transfer from one Tour to another may only be made 60 / 46 working days or more depending on the destination, prior to departure of the applicable Tour, and such transfer must be approved by Cox & Kings. If such a request is accepted by Cox & Kings, Cox & Kings reserves the right to forfeit the non refundable advance. Any request to transfer received less than 60 / 46 working days depending on the destination, before departure will not be accepted.
- Other Changes: Any changes to a file will depend on availability and you will be on a request basis and subject to Cox & Kings's approval. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an Administrative Fee. No changes are permitted to any booking within 17 working days prior to your departure date under the applicable booking.
AIRLINE 'CHANGE IN RESERVATION FEE'It is absolutely necessary to have your return air seats to India confirmed prior to your departure from India.
- Unless otherwise stated, airline tickets are non-changeable, non-transferable, non-refundable once tickets have been issued and are valid only for the dates and routings shown. Changes made prior to ticket issuance may be applied at Cox & King's sole discretion, and will also be subject to revised charges as well as administrative fees to be payable by you. If an airline ticket is lost, then you are liable / responsible for the full cost of a new ticket and any changes that may occur in replacement.
- If you wish to change the date of your return journey at the time of booking the tour you will have to pay a 'Change in Reservation Fee' if any, directly to the airline, subject to availability of seats in the same booking class. This fee may range between USD 75 & USD 200 or more per person, per sector, per change and we will not be liable / responsible for the same. On certain airlines, the ticket is non refundable in which case you would be directly responsible to purchase the new ticket /s and sector /s.
FLIGHT RECONFIRMATIONYou are liable / responsible for confirming flight times, numbers and details at all times to ensure a timely departure. Cox & Kings is not liable / responsible for any change to airline schedules or flight numbers after tickets have been issued.
Though you may receive a confirmed air ticket for a particular sector, due to over booking of seats, the airline may offload you and accommodate you on a subsequent flight for which we will not be liable / responsible.
Baggage allowance for air travel will be mentioned in your e-ticket and will be subject to the airline restrictions / limitations on baggage weight / size / number from time to time. Baggage allowance is based on a Weight and / or Piece (number of bags) concept.
Cox & Kings will not responsible / liable, in any manner, if you are unable to carry any baggage or if you have to pay any extra charges due to restrictions imposed by the airline. You shall be liable / responsible to pay all such charges directly to the airline. Also, Cox & Kings is not responsible / liable for any loss or damage to baggage while it is in the custody of the airline.
Please note that all baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances the liability / responsibility of yours. Please be careful to ensure that cameras, binoculars, musical instruments, mobile phones, credit cards, ornaments, traveller's cheques, currency notes, travel documents should never be left unattended in the hotel, restaurant, aircraft, coach or any other mode of transportation, at the place of amusement/ sightseeing or in the airport and / or railway / cruise station. Similarly the same should not be kept in the checked-in baggage. If you misplace or lose any moveable property, Cox & Kings will not be liable / responsible for - any theft, loss, or misplaced baggage.
Cox & Kings strongly recommend bringing a backpack or duffel bag, as suitcases can be cumbersome and difficult to store in buses, under seats, etc. Keep in mind that you will normally have to carry your own luggage on and off buses and trains and up and down hotel staircases. Suitcases with wheels may not work well on dirt or cobblestone roads.
Further, please note that there shall be specific requirement for expedition trip.
Due to the cabin sizes on the yachts, the amount of luggage you can bring on the boat is limited. You can leave unnecessary items in your joining hotel storage room in Quito. On arrival day, our customer support will provide each passenger with a special bag to give you an indication of how much you should pack for the Galapagos(please also bring a separate day pack for each person). Our designated bags are about 50L in capacity, allowing you to carry some 12-15 kg of luggage. They measure 72x30x26 cm and provide you with ample storage space for the duration of the cruise. The personal luggage allowance is therefore 1 special bag (provided by us) and 1 day pack (your own).
For Kilimanjaro Trek
You will not be responsible to carry your luggage up Kilimanjaro. The porters can carry approximately 30lbs (15kg) of your luggage; the rest can be stored safely at the hotel. You will only be responsible to carry your day pack with the essential and personal items you need to have with you at all times.
For Inca Trail
You will be provided with a large stuff sac in which you can place up to 6kg of personal items. Our porters will carry these bags, along with your tent and sleeping bag while you hike the Inca Trail. (please note they will be weighed before we leave Cuzco). Items not required while on the trail can be stored safely at our hotel in Cuzco. All you will be required to carry is a daypack containing items you will need during the day (Water, camera, sunscreen, rain poncho, etc).
For Lares TrekDuring Lares Trek ilamas, pack mules and/or horses will not be provided to carry your personal items. You will still need to bring a day backpack to carry any essentials you might want or need, such as water, snacks, camera, sweater, rain jacket, etc.
AIRLINE PASSAGEPlease note that every airline has a different set of rules, regulations and restrictions and furthermore, airlines keep changing the rules quite frequently. Further, airline pricing is dynamic including amendment / cancellation etc. Any changes in the ticketing, visa delay, change of plans, post ticket issuance shall attract amendment / cancellation charges as per the ticketing Fare Rules. You are requested to please check the updated rules of the individual airline / s by visiting the website, with whom the ticket /s are booked.
AIRLINE, AIRPORT OR WEATHER DELAYSCox & Kings is not liable / responsible for any additional expenses or loss that may arise from government regulation or order affecting the aircraft, strikes and labour disputes causing cessation, slowdown or interruption of work, meteorological conditions, security risks, or any other causes that are beyond Cox & Kings' control but which may affect concerned airline's ability to operate flights on schedule. Cox & Kings will not reimburse any additional expenses incurred by you as a result of such events or delays. Cox & Kings will not refund any unused portion of air tickets purchased in the event of such delays or due to any reasons beyond its direct control.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISKAccommodation, transportation, activities and excursions and other components of G Adventures' Tours offered by Cox & Kings will be arranged with local suppliers to the region where the Tour operates, who may themselves engage the services of local operators and/or sub-contractors. G Adventures at all times endeavours to appoint reputable and competent local suppliers and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning health and safety in the regions where tours operate. The terms and conditions of all suppliers of Tour/s will be applicable to the Tour provided by such supplier and are expressly incorporated into these Terms and Conditions. These may limit or exclude liability of the supplier. The liability of G Adventures / Cox & Kings will not exceed that of any supplier of any Tour component. The components that make up each tour shall be regarded as having been satisfactorily performed and delivered solely in reference to the regulations and laws concerning health and safety in the applicable jurisdiction where such component is operated.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS FOR EXPEDITION TRIPSThe Vessel used in Expedition Trips carries onboard service providers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and Tours are charged as extras. Neither Cox & Kings / G Adventures nor the Carrier is liable / responsible for their performance or Tours. These contractors may include doctor, medical personnel, hairdresser, manicurist, masseuse, photographer, entertainer, fitness instructors, spa personnel, beauticians, internet/I.T. personnel or other instructional concessionaires, art or other auctioneers, shop keepers and others providing services. These contractors work directly for you when performing their services. Neither Cox & Kings / G Adventures nor the Carrier is liable / responsible for any such person's acts or omissions in providing goods or services to you.
The independent contractors on Expedition Trips, including Shore Excursion providers, do not at any time act as agents or representatives of G Adventures / Cox & Kings or the Carrier. Neither G Adventures / Cox & Kings nor the Carrier controls any such independent contractors, makes no representation of any kind as to their performance and does not undertake to supervise their activities. You, by using such services or activities shall be deemed to agree and consent that any responsibility / liability for any death, personal injury, illness, emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury to you or loss of or damage to property shall be the sole responsibility / liability of the provider of such service or activity.
INCA TRAIL REQUIREMENTSPlease note that Inca Trail permits are limited for each departure and are subject of availability. If the same is not available, then an alternative Lares Trek will be offered as an optional excursion- at a supplement cost.
REPOSITIONING CRUISESYour booking on an expedition trip acknowledges the schedules of repositioning cruises are subject to weather, technical, mechanical, and other delays. This means the itinerary may need to be adjusted from time-to-time, at the sole discretion of G Adventure. G Adventures reserves the right to delay the published departure date by 24 hours and/or published arrival date of such cruises by 24 hours with no penalty payable to you.
G Adventures strongly advises that you make your connecting flights and other reservations to account for such necessary flexibility. Should the departure and/or arrival times or dates be adjusted by upto 24 hours, G Adventures is not liable / responsible for any costs directly or indirectly incurred by you as a result of such changes.
THE HOLIDAY PRICE INCLUDES AND EXCLUDESPlease refer to the relevant section of the Price Grid / Quotation for the Tour Cost / inclusions / exclusions. All services will be as per those specified / confirmed and paid for as per the e-ticket, service voucher and insurance policy. If you avail any service which is not included in the holiday package or gets upgraded, then the payment for the same will have to be cleared directly by you.
Please note that porterage, room service, laundry, excess baggage charge, a la carte meals, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, paid toilets etc. are not included unless specifically mentioned as included in the Itinerary and such expenses shall be directly paid by you. All personal expenses are excluded.
No refund will be allowed in case of no-shows, except air taxes (excluding fuel surcharge). There will be no refund for unused vouchers / services.
In the event of cancellation / re-scheduling of flight, if hotel rooms and flight seats are available for the subsequent day or on an alternative schedule, then to the extent possible, you shall be accommodated.
No refund will be given on commencement of first leg of journey or on partly utilized package, except air taxes (excluding fuel surcharge).
REFUNDSRefunds (if any) for the amendments and / or cancellations will be paid directly to you without interest by Cox & Kings after deduction of the applicable taxes. It would take at least 45 days for us to refund the money which will be paid in INR only as per RBI rules and regulations at the prevailing buying rate on the date of refund.
FOREIGN EXCHANGEFor International travel, you will have to pay the foreign exchange component of the Tour Cost from your Basic Travel Quota (BTQ) entitlement. It is mandatory that you purchase your BTQ quota from an Authorized foreign exchange money changer. In such cases it is mandatory to provide a copy of the foreign exchange purchased receipt to Cox & Kings.
It is advisable that you carry the foreign exchange partly in cash and partly in Traveller's Cheques / Foreign Currency pre-paid Card. Kindly note that the present Reserve Bank of India rules stipulate that Indian passport holders are entitled to USD 10,000 or its equivalent under the Basic Travel Quota in a financial year where they cannot avail more than USD 3000 or its equivalent in Cash.
INSURANCEPlease note that medical insurance is mandatory on all G Adventures trips. You acknowledge that it is mandatory that you obtain travel insurance with a minimum medical, evacuation, and repatriation coverage of $200,000 USD covering the G Adventures trip being embarked upon and must provide proof that such coverage is in place to the Tour Leader or other representative at the initial meeting of the Tour group.
All the passengers up to the age of 80 years are covered under the insurance policy. All the passengers above the age of 70 years have to undergo medical tests as stipulated by the insurance company at their cost after which the policies are issued. Pre-existing diseases are not covered under this insurance policy.
If any adventure sports are included in the tour package, you shall avail of the same at your own risk having regard to your medical condition. Cox & Kings shall not be liable / responsible for any death, injury or other loss due to your participation in such adventure sports and any release form that you may be required to sign by such person / service provider / club / association / organization / hobbyist / institution will be binding.
Please take note that, in case of death all the arrangements for transportation of the dead body including procuring the death certificate, post-mortem, re-patriation of dead body and all personal effects / property and insurance claims etc. shall be made by accompanying relative and / or accompanying known acquaintances of the deceased. Cox & Kings shall not be responsible / liable for extending any help for the same. The entire expenses shall be borne by the accompanying relative and / or accompanying known acquaintance of the tourist. G Adventures / Cox & Kings or the Tour Leader or other designated G Adventures representative on tour shall not be responsible / liable for the same. In case any - relative -wants to visit the country where the tourist has expired, all the necessary travel arrangements may be made by Cox & Kings - at an additional cost.
Please note that you would have a direct contractual relation with the insurer and Cox & Kings is not in any manner concerned with this relationship. You shall directly submit claims to your insurance company. The insurance company shall directly pay the settlement amounts to you and any dispute in regard to rejection of claim or adequacy of settlement amount shall be settled by you directly with the insurance company.
MEDICAL FORMOn a G Adventures tour, the Medical Form is mandatory for you to participate. If there is any pre-existing medical condition (as defined in the Medical Form), then the Medical Form of G Adventures needs to be duly signed by a licensed, competent and practicing physician.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTSIn addition to the Medical Form you must also inform any medical conditions, pregnancy, disability or any other mental and or physical condition which may impact fitness to travel, and/or any continuing medical condition. G Adventure may refuse to carry medically unfit persons and / or pregnant women over 24 weeks or persons with certain conditions, if suitable accommodation or alternate Tours or services cannot be arranged. G Adventure / Cox & Kings shall not be liable / responsible for any failure to accommodate or fulfil such requests.
OUR SCOPE OF SERVICESCox & Kings inspect and select the services to be provided to you. However, we do not own, operate or control any airline company, cruise liner, shipping company, coach or coach company, hotel, transport, restaurant or any other facility or provider that is engaged to provide services during the course of the tour. Therefore, please carefully note that:
- You will need to adhere to the conditions, rules and regulations of each service provider. We are not liable / responsible for the consequences if you breach such rules and regulations;
- If you cause any injury or damage affecting such service provider, then you may be liable / responsible to the service provider and if the service provider recovers any monies from Cox & Kings for such injury or damages, we shall separately charge you for the same;
- We cannot be held responsible / liable for any delay, deficiency, injury, death, loss or damage etc. occasioned due to act or default of such service providers, their employees or agents.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTSIt is entirely your responsibility to hold and carry on tour valid and genuine travel documents including airline tickets, Service Vouchers, your Passport, which must be valid for a period of minimum six months from the date of return from the scheduled tour or as applicable with necessary Visa/s and Immigration clearance (if applicable), confirmed air tickets, documents confirming insurance to cover risk to life, limb and property for the entire duration of the tour, medical clearances, inoculation / vaccination certificates, as the case may be, to be able to travel as per the Tour Itinerary or any applicable waivers for any additional services booked (i.e. camping, kayaking)
Camping Waiver: As you will be camping in cold and icy conditions, there will be the constant risk of personal injury. You must accept that element of risk. Though medical travel insurance is included in your tour, you will also be required to sign a separate Liability Waiver Form expressly assuming the risks associated with the camping excursion and releasing Cox & Kings / G Adventures Inc., The Expedition Shipping Company Limited, and all other related, affiliated, associated or otherwise connected corporations, partnerships, individuals and other entities and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns, from all liability (including but not limited to injury, loss or death) and waiving all claims. You will not be permitted to participate in the kayaking program unless you execute this form.
Camping is restricted to those persons 18 years of age and over.
- Kayak Waiver: As you will be sea-kayaking in cold and icy conditions, there will be the constant risk of personal injury. You must accept that element of risk. Though medical travel insurance is included in your tour, you will also required to sign a separate Liability Waiver Form Release while onboard expressly assuming the risks associated with the kayaking program and releasing Cox & Kings / G. Adventures Inc., The Expedition Shipping Company Limited, and all other related, affiliated, associated or otherwise connected corporations, partnerships, individuals and other entities and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns, from all liability (including but not limited to injury, loss or death) and waiving all claims. You will not be permitted to participate in the kayaking program unless you execute this form. Kayaking is restricted to those persons age 18 years and over.
COURIERCox & Kings would not be responsible / liable for any loss of your documents, which are returned to us by the Embassy / Consulate through third parties, nor if your documents are lost / misplaced / delayed when sent through a courier company from one office to another or from the office to Embassy / Consulate / travel agent / visa agent and back. In the eventuality of any such loss, Cox & Kings would put in best efforts to retrieve the lost documents. However, if the lost documents cannot be retrieved, Cox & Kings would render assistance in obtaining duplicate copies or certified copies of those documents from the concerned authorities.
Any information or advice given by Cox & Kings regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to - you, and Cox & Kings is not liable / responsible for any errors or omissions in the information provided, or in the information provided to you by third parties such as government or travel authorities.
DOCUMENTSPlease note that all travel documents for Tours such as vouchers, itineraries and invoices will be sent electronically, via email to the e-mail address provided on your booking, upon receipt of full payment by Cox & Kings.
Cox & Kings reserves the right to impose an administration fee, if you wish to receive your travel documents by other means.
VISABased on the holiday option chosen, you have to obtain visas before departure. Your visa cost includes, documentation fees, administrative fees and consulate / embassy fees. The visa fee does not include any supplementary charges like courier fees, urgent fees charged by the consulate and all other fees / prices that are explicitly mentioned as excluded in the visa fees.
It is necessary for you to ensure that you have the appropriate passport, which is valid for at least six months from the date of return from the tour or as applicable. Furthermore, you will be required to take the appropriate visas for going on the tour. We provide you visa guidance services for which we will charge you. Such charges may or may not include the actual visa charge and costs incurred but will include our service charge. Please note, that it is totally at the discretion of the concerned Consulates / Authorities to grant / reject your visas. It will be your responsibility / liability to apply for the visa with a complete set of documents required by the Embassy / Consulate within the stipulated period, thereby ensuring the issuance of correct visas and timely compliance of the Visa formalities required for the tour you have booked. In the event the application for visa made by you or the Company on your behalf is rejected by the concerned Embassy or Authorities due to inadequate documents furnished by you or where the visas could not be processed due to late submission of application by the tour participant or due to any other reason whatsoever, the Company shall not be liable or responsible for the same. The consulate may require further documentation and / or personal appearance.
Further, Cox & Kings would not be responsible / liable in any way for any error that may occur on the stamped visa by the Consulate / Embassy regarding names, attachment of wrong photographs, wrong passport number, duration and type of visas (single / multiple) entry.
Please take note that if you are flying, you may transit through different countries for which there may be change in visa requirements such as multiple entry visa or a transit visa. It shall be your responsibility / liability to ensure issuance of the necessary / proper visas.
As granting or rejecting visas is the sole prerogative of the concerned sovereign governments, Cox & Kings does not guarantee the issuance of visas. Cox & Kings is merely a facilitator.
Even if visa/s are rejected, you would be liable / responsible to pay the stipulated visa fees, cancellation charges and applicable administrative charges as well as any supplementary charges like courier fees, etc. Please note that as per the consulate/ embassy rules, fees paid to the consulate / embassy is non-refundable. In such a situation, the Company suffers losses because, sometimes, cancellation is made at a time of holiday rush like trade fairs, special events, and the suppliers such as hotels, cruises, airlines etc. have 100% cancellation charges.
Under the circumstances, you agree not to proceed legally against us unless there is a manifest error from our end.
FORCE MAJEURECox & Kings shall not be liable / responsible in any way to you for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, deficiency, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for G Adventures / Cox & Kings failure to commence, perform and/or complete any duty owed to you if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by act of god, war or threat of war, declared war, war riots, mechanical breakdowns, acts of the public enemy, actual or threatened terrorist activity, acts of terrorism, terrorism, hostilities civil disturbances, insurrections, industrial dispute, strikes, financial/economic slowdown and / or meltdown, accidents, explosions, implosions, fires, earthquakes, volcanic ashes, floods, transportation embargoes, epidemics , interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and where so ever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and government restraint, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of Cox & Kings; or an event which G Adventures or the supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee.
CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTSYou agree to bring any complaints whilst on tour to the Tour Leader or other designated G Adventure representative on tour marking a copy of the complaint to Cox & Kings as soon as possible in order to provide an opportunity to address such complaint and take remedial measures on the spot. Cox & Kings assumes no responsibility / liability for complaints that are not properly brought to the attention of Cox & Kings with sufficient notice for Cox & Kings to resolve or attempt to resolve your complaints. Any complaint made after the completion of a Tour must be received in writing within 30 days of the end of the tour. You acknowledge and agree that Cox & Kings will not accept any liability / responsibility for claims received after this period.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITYYou acknowledge that depending on the nature of the Tour booked, or the location(s) in which such Tour operates, there may be a significant degree of personal risk involved in travel on the Tour. There are dangers inherent to adventure travel generally and you acknowledge you have considered such risk to health and safety and are willing to assume it, by confirming your booking such Tour. You acknowledge that you have considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges in light of your own personal capabilities and needs, and expressly assume the risks attendant to travel under such conditions. You acknowledge and agree that Cox & Kings is not liable / responsible for providing information or guidance to you with respect to local customs, weather conditions, specific safety concerns, physical challenges or laws in effect in any locations where such Tours are operated. -
YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLY WITH TOUR CONDITIONSYou will have to strictly follow the tour program and comply with the Terms and Conditions of the various contractors / service providers. You are liable /responsible to register with Cox & Kings and /or G Adventures representative at the appointed date, place and time for departure and you would be treated as a no-show if you fail to do so and the consequences shall be entirely yours.
You are required to be punctual and adhere to the time-lines of the tour and of the contractors / service providers. If you are not punctual, you could miss your flight, transport, sightseeing etc. Cox & Kings / G Adventures will not be liable / responsible in any way in such situations.
You shall not behave in a manner which may cause distress or annoyance to other tour participants or to any other person or which may create the risk of danger or damage to property belonging to Cox & Kings / G Adventures or other tour participants, service providers or any other persons.
You shall not carry any item or object, the possession of which is forbidden by any law, rules or regulations. Nor shall you violate any other law, rules or regulations. Should any tour participant misbehave or violate any laws, rules or regulations, Cox & Kings / G Adventures shall have the right to discontinue his / her participation and exclude him / her from the tour at his / her risk, cost and expense. Should Cox & Kings / G Adventures suffer any damage or liability on account of a tour participant's misbehaviour, Cox & Kings / G Adventures shall be free to separately charge and recover the losses and expenses from him / her.
For any visit which has religious significance (example: cathedrals / temples / mosques etc) you will need to follow the rules and regulations set by them. Examples could be:
- Clothes not meeting with the required standards. Wherever required, you should cover your head with scarf; sleeveless clothes / shorts should not be worn. You must respect the place of worship.
- Photography which may be forbidden.
- Prohibition on eating or consumption of beverages.
- Maintaining silence during religious ceremony etc.
- Restrictions on entry timings due to ongoing religious rituals.
LIABILITYCox & Kings is not liable / responsible for any damages, costs, expenses, losses, or claims which are attributable to the fault of yours, the unforeseeable or unavoidable act or omission of a third party unconnected with the provision of any services that form any part of the Tour(s), or a Force Majeure event (as defined).
In the event that any deficiency, loss, death, injury or illness is caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of Cox & Kings / G Adventures or of the third-party suppliers of any services which form part of the Contract, then Cox & Kings / G Adventures limits its liability, where applicable by all applicable International Conventions Carriage of Clients and their luggage by sea is governed by the Athens Convention which is expressly incorporated into these Terms & Conditions and any liability of Cox & Kings / G Adventures and/or the Carrier for death or personal injury or for loss or damage to luggage arising out of carriage by sea shall be determined solely in accordance with this Convention. The Athens Convention limits the Carrier's liability for death or personal injury or loss or damage to luggage and makes special provision for valuables. It presumes that luggage has been delivered undamaged to the Guest unless written notice is given to Cox & Kings and/or the Carrier:
- in the case of apparent damage, before or at the time of disembarkation or redelivery; or
- in the case of damage which is not apparent or of loss, within 15 days from the date of disembarkation or redelivery or from the time when such redelivery should have taken place. Any damage payable by Cox & Kings / G Adventure up to the Athens Convention limits shall be reduced in proportion to any contributory negligence by the Client and by the maximum deductible specified in Article 8 (4) 01 of the Athens Convention.
EMPLOYEES NOT AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE TERMSNo person including any of Cox & Kings / G Adventures' employees has the authority to alter, amend, or waive any stipulation, representation, Terms or Conditions set forth in this document. Assurance if any, given by any of Cox & Kings / G Adventures' employees or any other person, whether given verbally / in writing / by email / by sms or otherwise, which is contrary to the Terms and Conditions shall not bind Cox & Kings / G Adventures, in any manner.
LAW & JURISDICTIONIn the event of a dispute arising out of or relating to this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, the parties shall first seek settlement of that dispute by mediation in accordance with the applicable rules. The Mediator shall be appointed by Cox & Kings. If the dispute is not settled by mediation within thirty (30) days of the appointment of the mediator, or such further period as the parties shall agree in writing, then the dispute shall be settled in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 by a sole Arbitrator to be appointed by Cox & Kings. The Arbitration proceedings should be held in Mumbai. The arbitrator's decision shall be final and binding on both parties. In case of any dispute concerning the award the courts in Mumbai alone shall have exclusive jurisdiction. This contract will be governed by Indian law. You agree that in the event of a dispute or difference between the parties the exclusive jurisdiction shall vest in the competent court / forum / tribunal in Mumbai only.
PRIVACY OF INFORMATION:We try to maintain the privacy of the personal information provided by you. However, it would be necessary for us to share this information with Consulates, Embassies, Airlines, Hotels and other service providers who would be providing you service during the tour. We would also be constrained to disclose such information if we receive an order of the court, a requisition from any government or statutory authority, subpoena, or under any law, rules or regulations, such disclosure becomes necessary.
You agree to let us photograph and / or videograph the tour and specifically you agree to let us photograph and / or videograph you in the course of the tour. You consent to any such pictures being taken and agree that you hereby grant a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to Cox & Kings / G Adventures, its affiliates and assigns, to reproduce for any purpose whatsoever (including marketing and promotions), in any medium whatsoever, whether currently known or hereinafter devised, without any further obligation to you or compensation payable to you.
You agree and accept that all such photographs and / or videgraphs and statistics are our absolute property and we have the unrestricted right to use them for any legitimate purposes including advertisement and commercial purposes. Further, you agree that if you share with us any photographs and / or videographs taken by you during the tour, we would be free to publish such photographs and / or videographs through all media including print media, websites, letters, emails etc.
AMENDMENTS AND SEVERABILITYThe latest Terms, as amended, may be accessed any time on Cox & Kings's website at www.coxandkings.com/gadventures, or will be sent to Client upon their written request to Cox & Kings. If any provision of these Terms is found to be so broad as to be unenforceable, such provision shall be interpreted to be only so broad as is enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision hereof shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
INTERPRETATIONAs to the interpretation of the aforesaid terms and conditions, our decision shall be final and binding upon you. We reserve the right to change the Terms & Conditions any time without any prior notice.
On behalf of the guest(s) booked, I / We have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions, Itinerary, Price Grid / Quotation, Offers, Promotions (if applicable), Cancellation policy and Web pages. I / We being duly authorized by the said guest(s) do hereby agree and accept the same for self and on behalf of the said guest(s) assuming full responsibility.